Saturday, October 12, 2024

Pinning marathon

Maybe I woke this morning feeling invincible. Maybe I woke especially stupid. I know the two aren't mutually exclusive! But for whatever reason (perhaps because I had the batting already cut for me and I had two backings ready to go), I decided to pin two quilt sandwiches today.

My back is making sure I remember the consequences of that decision so that I never, ever think about doing that again!

The first sandwich was the intentional goal for today--the split-9 floral.

The backing fabric came from the Community First! Quilters' stash, extended a few necessary inches with some scraps of black batik. I didn't have enough of either to span the width, but together there was plenty.

For the second sandwich, I pulled out the cobbled-together homespun back I'd created back in May. Then, because I wasn't absolutely positive that back was a full 74"x94", I scanned my flimsies for the smallest of the twin parameters, which turned out, at 70"x86", to be this Irish Chain from five years ago. Holy crap--5 years ago. Although, to be fair to myself, five years ago I was pulling 20-years-old UFOs from my stash and finishing them up.

As it turned out, there's a short section along one edge that'll need some additional fabric sewn onto the backing, but it's marked with different pins and will be addressed in due time. Not tonight, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Two sandwiches -- that makes a meal! Happy quilting this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...