Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I feel fine! I think I'll go for a walk!

Well, not quite that fine, but I can feel daily improvement. The next phase of recovery is "I feel happy! I feel happy!"

Pictures!


It's a look, that's for sure.

I invested in an 8.5" square ruler (with a 50%-off coupon, it was a minor cost) and am so glad I did! Using a plastic template would've made the cutting 3 times more laborious, as I'd've had to butt a ruler against each side.

To begin, I marked the hypothetical center square on the ruler, then the dark and light corners so I'd align the ruler the same way each time. (Rubbing alcohol will remove all these marks/notes later.)


Plop that on a block and tweak from there.


The corners weren't quite hitting the mark on all four side with this one.

After a little bit of shifting and twiddling, all four corners were meeting all four edges and I could cut three of the four sides.

Rather than contort myself into a pretzel to make the fourth cut, I prefer to use a second ruler, butting it against the fourth side.


Remove the main ruler so the fourth cut can be achieved . . .

. . . et voila, all four sides are severed. (Trust me. All four sides are severed.)

From here I discovered that crossing my arms, grasping the opposing corners and uncrossing my arms was the most reliable way of turning the center portion 180ยบ.

Except when it wasn't. I was so excited this morning to get a block or 10 underway and sewn that I completely forgot the 'turn 180 degrees' step in the first block I sewed together!

5/8 of the way toward completion. It could'a been worse!

So here we are tonight, not quite a third done, but put another way: almost a third done!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like log cabin-by-gymnastics. Looks great! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I continue to cut-then-trim, I smile every time I make that fourth, non-head-standing cut.

      C

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. I like the look but I can say with certainty that I will never ever be making one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...one is proving itself to be enough for me. But I'm trying it, and that was the whole idea!

      C

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...