Tuesday, January 31, 2023

February Eve

I finished up the second of the two fireworks blocks today,

just in time to put them away and start on February's banner for my mom's walker. True, I could've put this project away earlier and gotten started on February's, but I'd rather not set things aside half-done. I know myself better than that by now!

For February, I'm thinking along these lines...

... but will instead use four 16-patch blocks (with 1.5" squares for a 4" finish) alternating with four different FPP hearts. One heart pattern I found in one of my paper piecing books, the others I found as images on the googles and have been having fun figuring out not only how they're constructed, but in what order.

January's machine, the workhorse Singer 237, had the courtesy (seriously, her timing was perfect) to run out of bobbin thread about an hour ago (the beginning of Happy Hour!) while I was plowing through the eight 16-patch blocks (all the banners will be double-sided/reversible).

I dusted her off and put her back in her case (I haven't forgotten about her bulb that needs replacing with an LED), then set her in the newly-cleared studio closet. February's machine is currently lurking under my Viking mid-arm table. I've no idea what's hiding in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...