Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Breezing Along

Yesterday I didn't put a single stitch into any project. In fact, the only times I entered my studio was to put things away, as yesterday's Dreadful task was to clean up the dumping grounds that used to be my desk. It took all day and well into the evening, but what a joy it is to look at that nice clear surface again!

This morning I've been making up for my non-stitch day by putting in some serious time with the Easy Breezy blocks. In previous days I've been sewing blocks into columns of 8, then columns into pairs, until things got too unwieldy for easy rearranging. Instead, I hung what I had completed so far on the design wall, took pictures . . .

. . . then "cut" the images of the strips and panels apart and played with things virtually. 

Here are the layouts as they wait for me to sew up the final 6 seams (one top on the design wall, one top on the ironing board).


Once Zoe vacates my lap (it's lunchtime at the moment and she's taking full advantage of my moment of leisure) I'll sew these up, iron the seams, and put one away (back in the POUT drawer whence it came). 

I've got a stack of twenty-eight 8.5"x2.5" rectangles cut from the red-brown wodge material used in the posts.

The dwindling wodge of maxi-skirt pieces

I've sewn light squares to the ends of those and they'll make up the first border. I've also cut twenty-eight rectangles from a light-hued fabric that I hadn't used anywhere in the top, to which I've sewn squares of the wodge fabric. That'll make up the 2nd border. In the corners I'll have 4-patches of wodge and lights. I came up with this idea during one of the wander-abouts I took with my mother last week, and am excited to see how it works in real life.

Zoe has "left the building", so it's off to sew I go!

3 comments:

  1. My plan is to spend five minutes putting things away whenever I am pile-adjacent. Don't ask how that is working out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably as well as my daily plan to "trim 10 pieces of scraps and put them away" is working for me.

      C

      Delete
  2. Caroline and Carolyn -- just having a plan can be a sufficient accomplishment.....Back to Easy Breezy: funny how much fuss we put into super-scrappy designs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...