Thursday, September 7, 2023

What's wrong with this picture?

The bus windows were fussy cut from a fabric printed with mirrors

Hint: it's not the lack of wheels going 'round and 'round.

Last month I tried a different approach to embroidering these banners. Instead of the headache of trying to center each phrase over its appropriate picture, along with the hassle of repositioning the piece in the frame to make use of the full 16" width of the panel, I decided to embroider the words/phrases all on one piece then cut them out and sew them to fresh pieces.

It was so easy that I determined to do it that way from then on. And am I glad I did! Instead of having to redo the entire piece, I just need to redo one phrase.

As it turns out, it was a "lucky" mistake because I was well on my way to sewing everything together this morning before getting the wheels sewn on the bus. If I had forgotten those, it would've been even more unsewing before I could get them attached.

So, back now to finish up the corrected banner so I can update my mom's walker. Damn, I also just noticed where I must've missed sewing down a dark blue piece. Pigma pen to the rescue!

6 comments:

  1. I carefully checked all the spellings, twice before the light dawned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already sewn those pieces down and was working on sewing "School Days" in place when my mind wandered enough for the penny to drop. The crazy thing is that I knew I wanted the Equinox phrase for at least 2 weeks, but the correct one never popped into my head until the very last second!

      Delete
  2. LOL! You gained your equinoctal equilibrium just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Nann sent me a text about this. (I admit I don't look at your blog every day, as I should.) I found it before looking at the hints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I knew you would! I think several of the 'Pies would catch it immediately.

      C

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...