Wednesday, February 8, 2023

More movement

A Magpie friend popped in last week and took the boxes of her cousin's fabric (and a box residing in my bedroom containing a sewing machine, its extension table, and a few finished projects) that have been underfoot for several months. The fabric-filled boxes (one held blocks {accounted for here and here}, two were stuffed with chili and Dio de los Muertos fabrics) had a short residence under the ironing board.

The boxes left my house approximately 15 yards and one project (Lady of the Lake) lighter. Carla will insist on sharing!

Once that space was cleared out (again), I decided it was time to tackle the room's small walk-in closet which had become so chaotic that not only couldn't I access every/anything in it, I couldn't even walk in. I knew there were more of the plastic drawers, some containing more POUTs (Projects On Unlimited Time-out) but most empty, that needed to be pulled out and dealt with.

So with loins girded (gurd?), I did just that. The 3 stacks of plastic drawers were eventually accessed, the two empty drawer stacks put in the garage (to be given away later) and the third, still holding projects and fabrics (mostly for blouses I thought I was going to make myself one day), placed alongside the existing POUT drawers, contents to be explored (and blogged about) later.


My Singer Featherweight (which needs wiring work and will, I hope, get called to action this year as part of my yearlong vintage-machine-using/repairing project) was also pulled out and stored atop the drawers, and a bolt of heavy iron-on interfacing (for the Cabana Mesh Tote Bags I make) as well as the tail end of a large roll of batting fit quite nicely between.

The closet is now walk-in-able.

Despite the amount of room she and her roller stand (top shelf) take up, I can't quite let go yet of my Duct Tape Double--she's so very handy when I need to work on chorus costumes. Speaking of, the large lumps to either side of her are rolls of fabric for those costumes, pieces and parts of which can be seen in the plastic bin in front of her. Now that Competition season is upon us (Austin Harmony Chorus, for which I'm costume sewist), I'm glad to have access to these fabrics again!

3 comments:

  1. A cleaned-up closet is a wondrous, if fleeting, thing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning & Clearing: Show-off! 😁

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...