Sunday, March 6, 2022

4-patch quilting

There's been very little "fresh eyes" quilting this past week because I've been waking up with itchy, tired, burning, 'goddammit-how-did-a-cold-catch-me?' eyes. Today they were slightly better and I could get a start on quilting the spaces around the 4-patches on the Gift Quilt. Hours of thread burying along the vine were spent considering quilting options, some of which were to free-hand hearts in the negative space, or fill them with straight line echo quilting, or alternate the two ideas (heart-lines-heart-lines, etc).

I ultimately decided not to introduce another design element (the free-hand hearts). I cut down strips of painters' tape to 5/8" and after some trial and error hit on the most efficient way to get the quilting lines established (create right angle units with 2 strips of tape, then center that [with a ruler] in each triangle). I got one border quilted (and partially thread-buried) this morning and am very pleased. It seems to be the perfect amount of stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...