Thursday, March 18, 2021

The gods are smiling upon us

 Forty-six pieces, 46 holes. Alles in Ordnung!


Now maybe I can get a peaceful night's sleep tonight, instead of a piece-full night's sleep. Last night my brain merged a couple of blogs I had been reading, one from someone who was doing jigsaw puzzles with his mother, and another I've been reading (That man Quilts?) from his very first post in June 2009. I'm up to November 2016 now, but this entry was the one that influenced one dream last night. In that dream, I had rolled up the nearly-completed puzzle with the intent of working on it in bed and counting the pieces to make sure we hadn't lost any. The rolling-up went great (it is, after all, a really good idea [at least for quilts]) but the entire puzzle disintegrated in my lap as soon as I tried to unroll it. Three thousand puzzle pieces puddled in my lap and around my hips. There was no rebuilding it at that point!

Tomorrow my mom's project gets spread out and the real fun begins. A whole new set of dreams to keep my nights interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...