Monday, July 27, 2020

Riding the Painted Pony

Wheels are spinning, but no forward motion is being generated. I hate that period when I can't seem to settle on anything, but possibilities of everything spin around and around in my head.

I quilted a bit on my T-shirt lap quilt, creating a label in one of the blocks:

Writing out all my trigger words and phrases with air/water soluble pen helped a LOT in the FMQ and spacing. (My hope is that by the end of this pandemic, media personnel will finally learn the meaning of "decimate". I'm not holding my breath, however.)

While stuck in time, I'm also stuck without motivation. I couldn't seem to focus on any one project. I was bored with the T-shirt quilting. I couldn't quite settle on starting a new string quilt project that's been percolating for months, other than determine how the strips needed to be sewn down on their templates:

I discovered the solution to finding the starting point on all my Aurofil spools, but that's not anything to get terribly motivated by:
The base pops off. That's where the starting end of the thread is wrapped.

Eventually 4 pm rolled around and I closed the studio door, poured myself a glass of wine, and settled in to do nothing else productive for the rest of the day/evening. Some days are like that, ya know?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, some days are like that. Especially now when they tend to blur into one another.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...