Friday, June 1, 2018

What's next?

I've been chained to a chorus project recently and haven't been able to get into my sewing room. I missed it! Not only do I want to putter with my own project, but I agreed to construct a cushion for a friend of mine because she can't find the size she needs in anything commercially made.

Having friends who know you sew means that all orphaned fabric scraps, of any and all composition, now have potential in YOUR stash (not theirs--they don't sew, but they find!) Reading other blogs during my downtime from the chorus project has made me itch to get going on another string quilt, one that'll use up more of the non-100%-cotton (N1C) scraps that have found their way to me.

Here's a variation that recently called to me. I can't recall where I saw it; it's one of those blog-of-a-blog connections:
It's the inset star that makes this stand out for me.
While waiting for answers on the cushion project (directional fabric--should the pineapples run up-and-down, or side-to-side? And how about the side panel: if the pineapples are up-and-down there, then they'll be upside down if the cushion if flipped to use the other side. And, I have a 7' zipper available for use: shall I extend the zip around the corners, or keep it to the length of the cushion? Neither of us had any idea there'd be so many questions involved!)

As I was saying... while waiting for answers on the cushion project, I started pulling out my non-100%-cotton string stash. Found 48 blocks already made in dark-to-medium hues. I also have a big hunk of shiny gold fabric.
What do you suppose I've got planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...