Friday, June 8, 2018

Sunny

Nope, not another post about solar panels, but we love our system! Now that temps have settled into a steady stream of high 90s, our A/C is set to automatic (79 degrees) and the power graphs are looking significantly different than they did in Winter. I suspect our next bill will even have a digit to the left of the decimal point this month.

See? Not a post about solar panels.

Yellow confuses me. It seems too bright to be neutral, too light to be medium. So I usually set those scraps aside for another day.

That day finally came when I decided on the inset star design for a string quilt. I pulled some goldeny-orangies out of the 100% cotton string bin for variation, but these golds are mostly blends that have been sulking lurking about in the Not-100%-Cotton string bin. Four full-golden squares were needed, 4 neutral, and 8 half-each squares:


Sixteen more med/dark blocks were needed to bring this top to the size I wanted:

The only thing I made sure to do consistently was to lay a 2" strip of the shiny gold down the center of the 12 blocks that would have the yellows in them. From that point on, randomness reigned.

Looking forward to trimming and getting these up on the design wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...