Thursday, April 14, 2022

Oh yeah!

I'm home again, briefly (as in: 'fly in Thursday fly out Sunday' brief), just long enough to do income taxes with my husband and pack for a longer stay in Oregon (i.e. packing a suitcase instead of a backpack). The end of May should give all of us (my siblings and me) a good idea of how to proceed going forward.

I walked into the studio today and saw this on the design wall:


Aw-w-w-w-w! They're so cute! I had forgotten this was where I had left things, playing with the dinky *HTSs and the short crumbs left from string quilts. If memory serves, I had run out (or was quickly running out) of the muslin, so it's just as well I was torn away when I was.

These are the makings of my version of this quilt:

"Converging Corners" from the blog "Film in the Fridge"
 

It's the building out of the opposite corners that will add the dynamic element to these blocks, once they're all sewn together. In the meantime, they'll quietly wait there on the design wall until I'm back for good, probably in two months.

*Seriously? I've said it before and I stand by my opinion: the squares are split in half by triangles. Shouldn't it be Half Triangle Square (HTS) blocks, instead of Half Square Triangle (HST) blocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...