Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Ugh

The tablecloth isn't working out at all. It slips, slides, and shimmies all over the place as I'm sewing, and draws up something awful. I had to pick out all the corners of my first line of quilting, because as I approached each corner again (in the inner light green borders), the top would bunch up and fold over on itself.

The tablecloth as a back is causing all this puckering. I wasn't sure how bad it was until I compared today's photo (on right) to yesterday's.

I've only done the two outer thin green borders, so it won't be difficult or too time consuming to pick it all out again. I've got plenty of white-on-white fabrics that can be used as a proper backing. I suspected I'd have to as I worked on this last night anyway, so I'm not discouraged yet.


3 comments:

  1. Go with something you can work with, it's not worth fighting it every inch of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha! I'll take the lesson and ditch the tablecloth.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing it's the backing and not a problem with the top.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...