Friday, July 31, 2020

Back to pinning, pinning to back

The backing to my hubris log cabin was finally cobbled together earlier this week, and at the moment I'm taking a break from the pin basting I've been doing on it for the past 3 hours.

The wood grain section would have been much easier if I hadn't worried about the directionality of the (initial) two pieces of that fabric, but of course I did. I wouldn't be me, otherwise!

A close up of the three fabrics used:

The butterflies are metallic, the leaves are not.

More info:


Although I've loved this leaf fabric since the day I bought it, I've never found a use for it until now. I think a 20-year incubation period is long enough!

Of these three fabrics, the only thing left will be whatever gets trimmed from the edges once the quilting is complete. That's a satisfying thought!

Back to basting, with the sound of rain and thunder as my backdrop. Sweet Summer rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...