Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A Finish

I've shown plenty of shots of the front side of my T-shirt lap quilt, so here's the back after its wash and dry.
Cat because...cat!

This is the thread I used in the bobbins for my quilting: King Tut "Joseph's Coat". On the top side I matched the thread to the T-shirt color.

The keyboard fabric that wasn't quite dark and wasn't quite light in my hubris project was just right cut into 2" strips for a bias binding. I cut hand-sewn bindings at 1-3/4", but I knew I'd be machine sewing this one down. The extra width is just enough to comfortably fold over the seam line, and with the matching teal thread in the bobbin, the stitching barely shows in the top border.

I'm so looking forward to Winter when I can pull this lap quilt out and enjoy the snuggle!

2 comments:

  1. A fine finish! (And how many t-shirt motifs do you have waiting for another project?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not waiting, yet, but I could easily assemble a full quilt from the shirts I have left!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...