Saturday, June 20, 2020

Vintage top basted

The top is basted, ready to be put into a hoop for an overall Baptist Fan quilt pattern.

I've circled the replaced blocks/squares in these photos (at right angles to each other):

I don't know why the dark blue square was replaced--that happened over 20 years ago, so I'll assume I had a good reason.

I used my New Joy frame to baste the top to its unbleached muslin back. It was faster than pin-basting, but had its drawbacks (next blog). Regardless, I'm pleased with how smooth the back looks.

There was one pass in which I forgot to lower the pressure foot,

but I'm thinking it'll only be that much easier to remove those basting stitches when the time comes. I'm frankly astonished I didn't end up with an entire row of nothing but snarly birds-nests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...