Wednesday, November 13, 2019

He's Just Not That Into You

To paraphrase Steve Martin's titular character in The Jerk, "The Gallup poll is here! The Gallup poll is here! Things will start happening to me now!"

The cover letter of the poll I received in today's mail, addressed to me in impressive all-caps, read in part (emphases mine):

"Because you were randomly selected to participate in our poll, your responses are important and we cannot replace you with someone else. Your responses will represent thousands of people just like you who were not selected to participate. Your individual responses will remain completely confidential and Gallup will never release any of your personal information."

They like me, they really like me!

The next paragraph goes on (emphasis theirs):

"In order to ensure that the research represents a random sample of people living in the United States, please ask the person age 18 or older in your household who will have the next birthday to fill out this survey."

So The Loud got the $1 enclosed as a token of their appreciation, and I got royally dissed somehow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...