Thursday, September 12, 2019

Still lurking about

So, some of this happened yesterday, finally.

At the end of May, this had been entirely clear of vegetation, with a fresh layer of sand put down in expectation of 12" pavers to follow. Then I had an encounter with "leaflets three" from which I slowly recovered during our hot, dry summer. Nature stepped in to fill that sandy void I left.

Tuesday we had a good rain, at long last, leaving the ground soft and manageable. Wednesday morning I popped out and pulled things up until my eyesight was too compromised with sweat (even with a bandana around my forehead) to be able to distinguish things properly. Three or four more passes should get the remaining plants uprooted and tossed in the bin (which is full now anyway, so I'm in no hurry today).

Now I'm off to make some headway in the sewing room. The day's To-Do List has been completed, and I'm in the mood for sewing up some mindless QAYG string blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...