Thursday, August 15, 2019

Birthdays

Our youngest son Miles and The Loud almost share a birthday; had I been able to comply with The Loud's suggestion (mid-labor, mind you) that I delay the birth by a few hours, they would have had the same birth date. Instead, our youngest was born on the 17th and The Loud was born on the 18th, 34 years apart.

Yesterday Miles and his wife Mallory came over and made us a birthday dinner for a change! Vegan, even!



Although I dislike having to bumble about in others' kitchens, they were thrilled with the opportunity to cook in something larger than a broom closet.

The focus of the meal was Noodles Alfredo made with a base of liquified cauliflower as a substitute for cream. This was supplemented with vegan parmesan to boost the tangy-ness factor. Some marvelous garlic bread (using cultured vegan butter on baguettes), fruit salad, and chips with hummus rounded out the meal.

I wasn't happy with the above picture, but the batteries were going on the camera and I didn't want to be one of those people who miss the moment because they were so busy trying to capture the moment!

It's been a long time since I've eaten so much as to be uncomfortable, but that's what I did last night! It was a wonderful time to just relax and chat and get to know our Mallory better. They even took home some of our old VCR tapes (our player bit the dust some time ago), including a recording of the 3D episode of Third Rock From the Sun which aired when Miles was a kid (I even had 2 pairs of 3D glasses in the tape's box). I was so happy to give those to a good home--I suppose our local Op Shop/Goodwill will get the few remaining (professional/commercial) tapes soon.

One more attempt at photography before the camera shut down again:

Eventually I hope to get a picture in which neither of them are blurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...