Saturday, June 8, 2019

On the tables

Wow. I hadn't realized how much time I'd been spending outside, constructing a patio extension and clearing out overgrown weeds and other growth. But, 3 days of rain and a chance encounter with some urushiol-bearing plant has me inside again, waiting for the ground AND the blisters on my forearms to dry up.

In the meantime, I sewed together 3 pieces of flannel to create a back for the Jean MaDan top, and that's what I've been pinning for the last couple of days. (I pinned paper napkins around my forearms to prevent further irritation or contact with them--it's too hot to wear long sleeves.)



In the sewing room, this is done and waiting for the vintage top's turn to come off the rack and be dealt with:
The contrast isn't stunning, but several blocks in the top have a very subtle contrast between the fabrics so this should fit right in. The last polka-dot fabric I was considering turned out to be some kind of blend that burned to a hard blob, so I was happy to find this one in my stash too.

The pin-wheel quilt is under the needle cat, with just the borders needing to be quilted. I finally (it took years) got smart and started covering my work!
No thread in the machine--still trying to decide how and with what to quilt the grey-flecked black border.

1 comment:

  1. Stacked Blocks is a great optical illusion! I now have an interesting mental image of you with paper napkins pinned around your arms....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...