Friday, January 18, 2019

Doing Unto Myself

That's not as selfish, or as ... well, it's not as selfish as it sounds! Not in a bad way, at least.

I considered the various steps possible to create as many whole pinwheels as I could to widen the existing top.
~ I could remove the bottom 4 rows and get four entire pinwheels out of that (and shorten the top to a mere 6 feet), adding them to one side to create more width.
~ I could pick out the 5 segments from the top rows to complete the bottom 5 pinwheel blocks (which can also be moved to the side), replacing the pick-out squares with others that didn't have to match with anything at the bottom (as they do now).
~ I could do the same with one long side, rejoining the separated pinwheels into whole blocks again, then replacing the removed squares with a set of different fabrics (e.g. remove the 4 medium-blue half-triangle squares on the left, join them to their mates on the right, and replace them with, say, four red HTSs that don't match up with anything but themselves).

That's a LOT of undoing. Is it worth it?

Then it struck me: if a friend with 20 years less experience than I had, or a friend who had "inherited" this, were to come to me with this top and say 'I don't know what to do!', I would (and have) give 100% attention, enthusiasm, and expertise to get it fixed. Why then can't I treat my 20-years-younger self with that same generosity?

Simple answer: I can, and I will. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...