Saturday, August 9, 2014

21 years later...

... and the quilt my mother made for our 11th Wedding Anniversary is finally out of its box and in a place of honor. My mother Lois, her sister Elsie ("Ots"), my 1/2 brother Donald, and various other relatives (depending on who dropped in while it was being worked on) hand quilted this beauty.


You can probably see why it's never had a home before: 1) it's too precious to put on a bed and be worn out, and 2) it's HUGE!!! Once I broke the self-imposed barrier of thinking the ceiling had to be a stopping point, I suddenly had much more room with which to work and decorate.

In the center are the birthdates of me, hubby Steve, and our two sons. In the very center is our wedding date. In the outer corners are the names and birthdates of my parents and Steve's parents.

All the other squares contain embroidered images of our pets (at the time), interests and places we'd been stationed together.




The curtains are new too. Another project that's been sitting around for over 4 years, waiting to be attended to. When Summer temps hit the 100s, that's a good time to work on inside projects! Zoe helped, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...