Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Here There Be Pins

The Loud started his new semester today--he'll be teaching for long, 9-to-10-hour days every Tuesday and Thursday for the next few months. This leaves me with a quiet house all to myself, free to listen (or not) to whatever I wish, and monopolize any surface I need for the day.

Today it's the pinning/dining room table. This is where I'll be all day and probably into the evening:

In the background is playing the video of my eldest's live stream from Sunday. He and his best friend are building a computer. I was busy and away from home all that day, so their voices are keeping me company today.

















Because his followers witnessed his stroke (during a stream) in June, there are always inquiries about his health, so that's how I keep up with this mountain man's current events. (That's in reference to his appearance, not his life-style.)

The frustrating things about viewing him via video (vs live stream) is that I can't chat real time, and the audio cuts out whenever Twitch AI determines the background music doesn't conform to its copyright agreements with various artists.

So here I be, coffee brewed and wine at the ready when it hits 4 pm. See you on the other side!

1345 update
Lunch break for the kitties and me. The pinning is going easier and faster than I allowed for, for 2 reasons: I put the thimble on my middle "pushing" finger at the beginning of this (instead of waiting until it was nearly crippled), and I'm pinning fewer places this time.

Here's where and how densely I would have pinned for sandwiches past:
Every square and the bow knot

and how I'm pinning this one:
Knots and tips only

After years of successful pin basting using this table method, I'm finally willing to suspend disbelief and trust that I don't need to pin so heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...