Thursday, September 22, 2022

Quilted

 Again I say: Yay!


There's still the final strip of Glad Press'nSeal to remove, but I'm going to bring this with me on my daily visit with my mother and see if she'd like to tear it off. 

A closer look at the quilt pattern ("Threaded Hearts"):

I used an off-white (really--these photos make it look more gold than it really is) Aurifil on the top,




and a combination of two King Tut threads in the bobbin: the remains of "Joseph's Coat"

(which covered all but the final line of quilting), finishing with "Nefertiti".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I put the bobbin in the cone when I'm done quilting with it, and secure it with a block of foam. That way there's no question of where it came from. I also secure the thread end with a small piece of foam so my cones don't unravel and tangle in their drawer.

Next steps are to trim the edges, make a sleeve, make the binding, make the label, sew on the binding and in that seam secure the top edge of the sleeve and two sides of the label. Once the binding's on, I'll bring it with me on my daily visits and have my mother help sew it down. That's still a skill she possesses and understands, and I'm always happy to find something new to do while I'm with her. Jigsaw puzzles go only so far!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...