Thursday, August 29, 2019

Happy Bunny Take the Wheel!

Today is a day of completing those odds 'n' sods cleaning projects.
Happy Bunny has been my co-pilot ever since I bought this set for myself for my 50th birthday. Whenever I get a new car, I clean these up and get them installed pronto. For some reason, that didn't happen this time around and she's been sitting in a bathtub, patiently waiting for some attention for the past 10 months. Now she's air/heat drying in the shade in our 100-degree Texas weather and will be ready to go back to work in just a few hours.

These have been lurking about on the dryer, accumulating since last December, needing a light scrub inside and out.

During the California fires donation-a-thon, someone wrote that pet food bags, turned inside out, made lightweight but sturdy mailing/shipping packages. Hey! I have pets, and they eat food!
The cats are mightily annoyed that I was messing with this but they didn't get fed as a result.
So now they too are air drying, and will be put away (finally) in my "shipping center" for future use. The dryer top is once again cleared off (to include the 2 baskets of laundry that have been sitting there for the last couple of weeks) and uncluttered.

Back in the day, a cleaning stint such as today's would mean the next day I'd be "blessed" with being a woman, fully-growed. I had come to expect and welcome the pre-menses day because it meant I'd either be cleaning like a mad woman, or creating up a storm. As menopause approached I wondered if I'd lose those driven urges, but I haven't! They still cycle through and I especially welcome the cleaning one. It makes tasks like these palatable and finally off the guilt plate. It's too easy to just put them off one more day/week/month, otherwise.

Years ago I mentioned these cycles to a bee mate during a retreat and she got a look of astonishment and apostrophe on her face. She had always thought that the first day of her period meant a terrible back-ache, just because. What was actually happening was she'd spend the day before in a whirlwind of deep cleaning around her house. She had never ever made that connection.

2 comments:

  1. Hormone fluctuations neither encouraged nor discouraged me from cleaning frenzies. But if it works for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can ALWAYS find something better to do than housework, especially of the cleaning variety. That's why it's a nice change to *want* to do some cleaning every once in a while, and our home certainly benefits from the extra attention.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...