Saturday, June 29, 2019

On the pinning table: Indian spiderweb

This is backed with another assortment of flannel remnants, which will be shown once it's quilted, bound, and washed.
Frankenbatt being put to good use. Top measures 48" x 71".

Compared to my latest projects, this is a "small" quilt so the pinning should go quicker than usual. No napkins pinned around my forearms for this one--my arms are healing nicely and I'm hoping by the end of July this episode will be just another painful memory of an encounter with poison oak/sumac/ivy (I have no idea which one was in the armful of cut down overgrowth I gathered up to cram in the trash bin).

As I pin, I like to imagine possible quilting patterns. My inclination is to do what I've done on previous spiderwebs, but I'm trying to expand my quilting repertoire. Maybe Leah Day will bring some inspiration with her Free Motion Quilting Project (one design a day for a year).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...