Friday, July 10, 2020

Design Wall progress

All the Y and Z blocks have been constructed and the applique blocks fleshed out to 24.5", so I placed what could fit onto the design wall.
I see it. I just didn't want to lower the design wall, again, to fuss with that corner, again, before taking this shot.

The only fussy placing I did was to make sure there wasn't a black or very dark log next to the borders of the applique blocks. Although this is a nice size as is (4'x6'), especially for a wall hanging, I've still got those 24 Z blocks that will complete the design/layout I've chosen. I was briefly tempted to set them aside for a different project to be thought up later, but then realized I'd rather have a large quilt doing double duty as a wall hanging, than a lap-sized wall hanging that isn't much good for anything else.

Meantime, these are starting to show up:

As mentioned before, I'm using pieces from my 2-1/2" scrap container, so these are finishing out at a hefty 8-1/2" square. They won't all have that dark check-ish fabric in them. It was just coincidence that the first 3 did.

Finally:

Fixed it! Now it's clear most of the T-shirts are The Loud's, instead of seeming that I only did most of the assembly, quilting, and completing. (I hear Billy Crystal's voice saying, "...your friend here is only mostly dead.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...