Sunday, October 6, 2019

Still shuffling Shoo-flies

When I wasn't sewing attaching strips to the 88 QAYG blocks that needed them (the 176th seam was just finished a few minutes ago!), I was playing with setting ideas for the ever-growing pile of Leader-Ender Challenge Shoo-fly blocks.

The on-point X design still held possibilities

and I used the computer to draft several sizes to get an idea of how many A and B blocks I'd need.

Then I started auditioning fabrics for the negative space. First I put up a collection of dark metallics that have been lurking about without purpose for far too long.

Meh.

On a whim, I put up a playful, childish fabric I've had for decades, and somehow things started to sparkle!














Then, in one of the quilting twins' blogs I saw a possible sashing idea (I've got the more "talkative" one's blog linked on the right), and quickly threw together a digital mock-up:
 How would it look with that playful fabric?
Most of the B blocks in this mock-up are simply negative images of the A block images. I wish I had a blue as vibrant as some of these!

The proportions could probably be tweaked just a tad (I set each sashing strip to be roughly the width of the blocks' side pieces), but I'm liking this more than the on-point setting at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...