Saturday, January 12, 2019

Astonishing!

This title was the reaction a fellow Magpie had when her gift from the Robert Kaufman company arrived after she sent them a quilt for the CA quilt drive. The hand-written thank-you card was what really made her tear up: "Lordy – these folks put in so much time (and yes, $$, too, at least from Kaufman) organizing and completing this drive, and to take the time to write a thank-you card?  I’m astonished, delighted, and inspired...."

I deliberately waited until the drive was over (12/31/2018) before showing these gifts I received from them. I didn't want to corrupt anyone's motives.

Astonishing, indeed! 

I didn't keep the note that accompanied the spool because it wasn't my gift--it was supposed to go to someone named "Aggie". The unintentional irony of that spool is this: in this part of the world there are two well-known schools. The students of one of them are called "Aggies", and that burnt-orange thread is the school color of the other, their bitter rivals. If Aggie is true to her name, she most likely would have HATED that color! It has a good, loving home with me now, and Aggie has a generous gift warming her heart in return. Happy endings all around.

I'm very grateful for the time, energy, and effort put forth by the Robert Kaufman Team that made this quilt drive so successful. Reading the comments on the #quiltsforCA Instragram account assures me the 1,000+ quilts are absolutely needed and loved by the recipients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...