Friday, July 6, 2018

O-N-O-F-F modulators

(Equipment troubleshooting humor. More than once they've been the culprit in a 'non-functioning' piece of machinery I was called upon to 'fix'.)

I have 4 machines set up in my sewing studio (10'x13' bedroom), with a 5th one--a Brother serger--squatting at the end of my sewing table waiting to be called off the bench and put into play. Some time ago I grew tired of wasting time trying to find the on/off switch hidden out of sight on at least one of my machines.

Marking pens to the rescue!

My Brother Nouvelle 1500 has its switch on the side, which you'd think would be simple to find, but no! It's different enough from my Janome Jem (which I've had so long and use so often I could probably thread and operate it with my eyes closed) that I'd grope...grope...grope...then finally crane my neck around the side to find the switch. Fixed:
Simple, but oh so handy!

My Viking Platinum 16 (deep-throat free-motion quilting) sits in its own table with her switch as far from me as possible. I couldn't even seem to remember which side to randomly grope. Fixed:
What's that I see?
I spy with my little eye...
Flip! Gotcha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...