Sunday, April 15, 2018

I can do this. I'm allowed.

I stopped working a 40 hr/week job almost 13 months ago. It stopped being the job for which I applied, for which I was trained, and in which I was interested. So I stopped doing it. We were lucky in that we could afford for me to do that; I understand just how lucky we are!

But my work ethic didn't stop, and the hardest thing I've found to do these past 57 or so weeks has been to indulge in just the sort of activity I longed for when I WAS working: sitting all day in the recliner, enjoying the rainy weather, snuggled in with my cats, reading or knitting or sewing or watching Netflix or playing word games. Essentially: doing nothing. Nothing at which I could look back and think, "Yep, today was a GOOD day. I got so much stuff done!"

So occasionally I have to remind myself: "I can do this. I'm allowed." Then I refresh my cuppa, snuggle back into my comfy recliner (the cats have kept it warm), and continue encouraging myself to just be retired!

Laptop is open, but ain't nobody logging on!

You have my permission to do this too. You're allowed.
Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...