Thursday, December 21, 2017

Food, glorious food

Hubby took to the road early this morning, travelling half the continent on two of the shortest days of the year on his new motorcycle. He's off visiting family; I'm at home enjoying my own company. The clowder is completely confused. There's still a biped in the house, but they don't know how to act. It's not the right biped. They hover, they perch, they pace, but they don't nag, which usually starts in the middle of the afternoon.

"The Loud isn't here. Will we starve?"

"The Quiet is here."

"I don't know if The Quiet knows The System. The Loud always makes that shouty 'WAHT!' sound after two hours of The Reminding. The Quiet only ever makes the 'oh-eye-NO0oooo' sound at us, like The Flat One. I can't tell if The Quiet even hears The Reminding!"

"Maybe we can train The Quiet, as we trained The Loud."

"I dunno... we can't even count on The Quiet staying under The Binky for longer than 4 hours."
"Well, we have to do something. The Loud knows The System! The Loud is not here! This. Will. Not. Stand! Do you have any of The Shiny String left? The Quiet must be made aware of our imminent starvation."

"Sorry, dude. Puked up the whole lot yesterday."

"Damn. Awesome job, by the way. Fastest theft-to-hornk I've ever witnessed. I am not worthy to lick your ears."

So they paced, and worried, yet never uttered a sound. I left the house at 4:30 pm for a gig at the Alamo Drafthouse (the video in the link is dark, but the sound is okay. Don't even try to find a person, but if you can make anything out, I'm the one in front, directing) and arrived back home at 8:30 pm. Still, not a sound at my arrival! It wasn't until I pulled out the cat food and started filling bowls that The Reminding set in (in case I didn't remember where to put the filled bowls, obviously). We'll see if/when The Training starts tomorrow morning. For The Loud, The Reminding usually started around 4:30 am.

Friday, 12/22, updated to add:

6 am. My Training started at 6 am. I figure I got to sleep an extra hour and a half while they figured out how to deal with the fact that Hubby still wasn't in the house.

And here's us this evening at our second Alamo Drafthouse performance in 2 days, representing roughly 1/2 of the Austin Harmony Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...